“Running City London 2019” agenda supplements the general city orienteering rules.
- Location and date of the event: London, 11 May 2018.
- Number of participants in a team: from 1 to 4.
Course pattern: stagewise.
The course is divided into several stages.
Сheckpoint legends are provided at the beginning of each stage.
The order of stage completion is fixed. Within each stage, checkpoints may be visited in arbitrary order but only before receiving legends of the next stage.
Orienteering with use of public transport (about 8 hours on the course net of bonus checkpoints). Participants are allowed to move about on foot and by public transport. All checkpoints are given by specific addresses. The course is timed.
A recreational category (about 20 km) for those who want a leisurely walk discovering the city. Participants are only allowed to walk, no running or using transport of any kind is allowed. The course is not timed. Some checkpoints are given in the form of puzzles.
A recreational category (about 10 km) for those who want a leisurely walk discovering the city. Wheelchair and stoller friendly. No running or using transport of any kind is allowed. The course is not timed. Some checkpoints are given in the form of puzzles.
Puzzlehunt with use of public transport for those who think that orienteering by exact addresses is “boring”. Participants are allowed to move about on foot and by public transport. All checkpoints are given in the form of puzzles. The course is timed.
- Online registration: from 14:00 7 February 2019 till 13:59 10 May 2019.
- Registration fees are defined in the Payment Instructions.
- Start location for all categories - 21 Winchester Road.
- The course starts on 11 May 2018 at 09:00.
Teams in “Lion-Mini” category start at 10:00.
- Teams start with 2-minute intervals.
- Finish location for all categories - 31 Marchmont Street. Pub "The Marquis Cornwallis".
- The course closes on 11 May 2018 at 21:00.
- Awards. After finishing, all participants are awarded with medals. The winners or runners-up in “Atlas” and “Sphinx” categories are also awarded with diplomas and special prizes. Within three days after the results are finalized, the prize winners will be notified by email of the method they are going to receive their prizes. There is no separate award ceremony for the event.
- Times are shown in British Summer Time (UTC+1).
- Contacting the organisers: email@example.com.