Автор Тема: English-speaking participants - START HERE!  (Прочитано 6453 раз)

MegaManiac

• Гость
English-speaking participants - START HERE!
« : 19.05.2011, 15:00:49 »
Running City Tampere 2011 will take place 06.08.2011.

We'l be glad, if you join us as a participant or a volunteer.

The first thing to do is to register on this forum.

1. Go to the registration page.

2. Fill in your nickname, your e-mail address, your password (two times) and a graphical verification.

3. Press the button "Регистрация" on the bottom of tht registration form.

4. Welcome!

See the attached picture.

http://www.imagepost.ru/?v=etwzoghgkuqelpewiobrpguzmubavp.JPG
« Последнее редактирование: 19.05.2011, 15:03:07 от MegaManiac »

MegaManiac

• Гость
Re: English-speaking participants - START HERE!
« Ответ #1 : 19.05.2011, 15:04:12 »
If you got problems with the described registration procedure, please let us know by sending an e-mail to tampere2011@runcity.ru. We'll try to help you with it.

After the registration you can switch a part of the interface to English:

1. Press here.

2. Press the link, as shown at attached picture 1.

3. Change Russian -> English, reenter your password and press a button "Изменить профиль" as shown at attached picture 2.

4. Enjoy English somewhere. ;)
« Последнее редактирование: 19.05.2011, 23:01:22 от MegaManiac »

MegaManiac

• Гость
« Ответ #2 : 19.05.2011, 15:04:57 »
Some translations for you.
« Последнее редактирование: 19.05.2011, 22:38:36 от MegaManiac »

M_R

• Сэнсей
  • https://m-reveur.livejournal.com/67917.html
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : 19.05.2011, 22:49:36 »
Hi, everybody !

My name is Mark, I'm one of org-team for Tampere-2011.
Join us as a partiсipant and you'll see me somewhere on run-Tampere tracks in August, 6.

We are waiting  here for your questions ))

But.... if you want to communicate with anybody by personal mail, touch his "личка"-button  (look an arrow) = PM - personal message

Attention! Don't be afraid of my boss Denis and his frightful nickname MegaManiac, he's in fact a good man, believe me :-)))

Good luck !                  
  Sorry my English - I hope it's comprehensible?
« Последнее редактирование: 21.07.2011, 20:19:33 от M_R »

M_R

• Сэнсей
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #4 : 15.07.2011, 18:13:34 »
Memories of Romanian girl - member of international team #216 in Sergiyev Posad (June 2011)

http://www.diary.ru/~webcon/p163486083.htm

When I think of my trip to Sergiyev Posad, I still can’t explain how I convinced myself to go. After I received and read Katya’s message, I remembered that I smiled and said that I have to do this! I believe I wasn’t thinking straight, as I’ve never done this before and 40 kilometers of walking/running are not recommended for an amateur walker, whose daily wandering through the city might be of maximum 5-6 kilometers long.

I wasn’t scared of the distance even for one minute. I read 40 like I would read 4 and it seemed an effortless number. Well, it turned out to be one of the most challenging things I’ve done, from a physical point of view. I can’t describe how much my back and my legs hurt afterwards, but neither can I describe the wonderful feeling that I had next morning. I was proud that I managed not to quit and happy that Katya had thought of me, not of someone else.

In the morning of the contest, we met at Komsomolskaya a few minutes later than initially planned and then bought train tickets from one of the near-by train stations. It was my first time outside Moscow and I had this butterfly-ish feeling in my stomach, like I was about to embark on a great adventure. I met and then talked a little with Roma, one of Katya’s friends, but mostly I discussed with Katya herself about things ranging from family to the sellers who just came one after the other selling everything-that-you-can-and-cannot-think-of.

After we got in the city, it seemed to me like a different world. So close to Moscow, yet so contrasting. I felt like in my hometown, though I admit the Russian version is bigger (actually everything in Russia is bigger than the counterparts from Romania). We went directly at the starting point and received a paper on which we had the checkpoints and a second smaller one for writing down the response to each task. I felt there weren’t enough checkpoints and Katya later confirmed that actually this was only a third of the whole requirement and that we were supposed to complete these tasks and then we could go to a checkpoint to get the new set.

After some minutes of preparing the route, we set of. I felt strange because I believe we were the only English-speaking team around there, so people would sometimes turn their heads when we were walking by. I can’t speak in Russian and my understanding of the language is schematically at best. I was glad that Katya knows English and though he was mostly silent, I believe Roma also has some knowledge. We started walking slowly towards the first checkpoint and I had so much energy that I could literally run, but I’m glad that we didn’t because at the end of the day I would have been even more tired.

I enjoyed getting to know the city first hand and it was also a great workout, since we mostly walked in areas away from the main road and we had to go up and down and around and about some places. Though at the beginning I kept track of the checkpoints I eventually lost focus, so I had to ask Katya before each one which was the task and how many we still had and such things. She was always helpful and didn’t tell me to stop, though clearly even if I knew that information I couldn’t have helped them much.

At some point it began raining heavily and we just kept going. I haven’t walked in such rain for some time – it was great to remember that feeling! Plus I could see the other teams that didn’t seem to mind the rain either. We probably must have looked strange for the few people that we met and have seen us just walking and running through the rain like crazy. I have to do that again sometime! As the day was approaching the end, we girls started to get tired. We were lucky with Roma, because he sometimes volunteered to go ahead check out an area, so we knew for sure if we should go there or not. Though he never got too far from us, even those 50 meters helped.
When I returned to my room, I still felt that strange adrenaline rush. I don’t know how I was able to sleep that night or wake up in the morning to go to a similar event in Moscow! All in all, it was a beautiful experience that I would gladly repeat if I had the chance. And though all my friends said I was crazy to do it, I can only reply that I liked being so crazy
« Последнее редактирование: 18.07.2011, 22:31:55 от M_R »

M_R

• Сэнсей
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : 21.07.2011, 19:07:05 »
Attention, dear participants,
there are changes in the agenda of the “Running City Tampere 2о11” !

a) Start location for all categories: Tampere, Hämeenpuisto 28.
b) Finish location for all categories – Tampere, Hämeenpuisto 28.

c) “Sphinx”-puzzling was made only in Russian, sorry.
« Последнее редактирование: 21.07.2011, 20:22:35 от M_R »