“Running City Seattle 2020” agenda supplements the City Orienteering Rules.
Location and date of the event: Seattle, Washington, USA.
Due to the state of emergency declared in the state of Washington the game has been postponed until the april of 2021. The exact date is to be announced later.
- The course closes on 11 April 2020 at 8 p.m.
- Number of participants in a team: from 1 to 4.
Course pattern: stagewise.
The course is divided into several stages.
Сheckpoint legends are provided at the beginning of each stage.
The order of stage completion is fixed. Within each stage, checkpoints may be visited in arbitrary order but only before receiving legends of the next stage.
Walking or jogging (about 30 km net of bonus checkpoints). For participants who are confident in their physical training. All checkpoints are given by specific addresses. The course is timed.
All checkpoints are given by specific addresses. The course is timed.
A recreational category (about 20 km) for those who want a leisurely walk discovering the city. Participants are only allowed to walk, no running or using transport of any kind is allowed. The course is not timed. Some checkpoints are given by riddles.
A recreational category (about 10 km) for those who want a leisurely walk discovering the city. Suitable for physically challenged persons and participants with strollers. No running or using transport of any kind is allowed. The course is not timed. All checkpoints are given by specific addresses.
- Online registration from 01:00 31 January till 15:59 10 April.
- Registration fees are defined in the Payment Instructions.
- Start location for all categories - TBA
- The course starts on 11 April 2020 at 9 a.m.
- Teams in “Lion”, “Lion-Mini” categories start with 2-minute intervals.
Teams in “Griffin” and “Horseman” category start with 4-minute intervals.
- Finish location for all categories — TBA.
- Awards. After finishing, all participants are awarded with medals. The winners or runners-up in “Griffin” and “Horseman” category are also awarded with diplomas and special prizes. Within three days after the results are finalized, the prize winners will be notified by email of the method they are going to receive their prizes. There is no separate award ceremony for the event.
- Times are shown in Pacific Standard Time.
- Contacting the organisers: firstname.lastname@example.org.