- 00 651 Lombard St, picnic site at Joe DiMaggio Playground
- 901 800 Chestnut St
- SF Art institute. Diego Rivera Gallery.
The Making of a Fresco Showing the Building of a City
- Total number of rungs on the ladders in the fresco
- 14; четырнадцать; fourteen
- 924 3362 Palace Dr
- One of the photo spheres in the parking lot to the west of the building
- What vehicle is standing next to the person taking the photo?
- Коляска; Stroller
- 948 Intersection of Lombard St и Leavernworth St
- Historical photo with a yellow cab (use high resolution)
- Copy the words from the side of the cab
- City cab
- 950 Pier 39
- Watch the video and answer to the question
- The record number of the sea lions seen on the pier 39
- 1701; 1,701
- 951 Golden Gate Bridge
- Photo from the time the bridge was under construction with a man running on the catwalks. Go to the source of the photo and find it there
- On what date was the photo taken? (answer format: XX)
- 1004 Riddle
- The fountain in my name erected was. Open the photo sphere in the lobby behind the fountain where another short character can be found
- Name of the character
Detailed answerThe riddle is written as if spoken by Yoda from the Star Wars, you will need to find Yoda Fountain.
- 1009 Riddle
- AAA + DIANA = ?
Standalone photo sphere to the south-east of the object you need to find
- What is the girl looking at?
- Телефон; phone; смартфон; smartphone; telephone
- 1010 Riddle
- The water in the showers of the “local residents” had always been warm so that they did not get used to cold water. Find the photograph of the “local residents” being evicted
- Year the photo was taken
Detailed answerThe riddle speak about the Alcatraz prison where the water was hot so that the prisoners would not get used to cold water and escape. There are only two photos on pastvu and one of them was taken when the prison was being closed.
- 937 Russian Hill-Vallejo Street Crest Historic District
- Information sign about the Russian Hill
- Words in quotation marks (in any language)
- Russian-American Company; Russian - American Company; русско-американской кампании; русско - американской кампании;
Historical backgroundFamous Russian writers Ilf and Petrov in the book “Little Golden America” about their cross-country trip across the USA in 1935 say the following about San Francisco: This is the most beautiful city in America, apparently because it is in no way reminiscent of America. Most of its streets rise from hill to hill. An automobile journey through San Francisco looks more like a sideshow tailed “American Mountains”and presents the passenger with a number of strong sensations. Nevertheless, in the centre of the city is a piece which looks like the flattest Leningrad in the world, with its squares and broad avenues. The other parts of San Francisco form a remarkable seashore mixture of Naples and Shanghai. The resemblance to Naples we can certify from personal experience. The Chinese find the resemblance to Shanghai. There are many Chinese in San Francisco. San Francisco is one of those cities, which you will like from the first minute and every day you’ll like it even more”.
Among other things, they describe their meeting with molocan people who were living on a “russian hill” which in fact happened on Potrero hill. There is still a molocan church there today. The majority of the Russian population in San Francisco lives in Richmond district now.
- 906 Перекресток Lombart St и Hyde St
- Watch the video and answer to the question
- Write down the year when cable cars started operating in San Francisco
- 917 56 Ross Alley
- Fortune cookies factory. Photo sphere inside the factory
- Number of fans on the wall
Answer: 7; семь; seven;
- 7; семь; seven;
Historical backgroundThat crunchy folded confection that charts your future destiny seems as ubiquitous as chopsticks to modern Chinese dining in America, but you will never find them in China. In fact, fortune cookies were originally Japanese. The Japanese Tea garden in Golden Gate park served fortune tea cakes from Japantown's Benkyodo bakery. The cakes were extremely popular, and Chinese restaurants started buying them too. During World War II nearly the entire Japanese population in San Francisco was rounded up and sent to internment camps. Many Chinese families took over Japanese bakeries when they were shuttered, and soon no one could imagine Сhinese food without fortune cookies.
- 920 1 Telegraph Hill Blvd
- Coit Tower. One of the southernmost photo spheres in the building. Observation deck
- Which floor is the deck located on?
Historical backgroundThe busy streets of San Francisco seem like the last place you'd find wild parrots. And yet, there they are.The wild parrots in and around San Francisco are called cherry-headed conures originating from Ecuador and Peru. They were brought here to be sold as pets in the exotic pet trade. There are a number theories as to how they got out. If you are interested to learn more about them, check out “The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill” book or documentary.
Their favorite places in the city are Telegraph Hill and Ferry park.
- 923 2330 Polk St
- Crunch Fitness - Alhambra. Central hall with a large screen
- Name of the measuring instrument under the screen
Answer: Часы; clock
- Часы; clock
- 931 Intersection of Broadway and Columbus ave
- North-western corner
- What is hanging on the wire?
Answer: Книги; books
- Книги; books
- 1001 Riddle
- A specific flooring material is very popular in the United States. And surely, you know its fairy tale variant, but what you need to find is its owner. Small “street” of that “owner”
- Which interior item is the flower pot inserted into?
Detailed answerThe most common type of floor covering in the USA is carpet. Carpet owner is Aladdin. You need to find Aladdin Terrace.
Answer: Стул; chair
- Стул; chair
- 1011 Riddle
- See image. Find the consulate of this country in San Francisco. Cross the bridge and turn right, then continue toward the art object. Black sign with the object name
- Number of possible colors
Detailed answerMinus multiplied by minus is a plus. The consulate with a plus on their flag is the Swiss one. Follow directions and you will get to Buckyball.
Answer: Шестнадцать миллионов; 16 миллионов; 16 millions; 16 million; 16 млн; 16 000 000; 16000000; 16,000,000
- Шестнадцать миллионов; 16 миллионов; 16 millions; 16 million; 16 млн; 16 000 000; 16000000; 16,000,000
- 1012 Riddle
- See the image, it will give you the house number. You need the street that is located just one block from its capital. Photo with ballerinas
- Month when the photo was added
Detailed answerThe house number is given in hexadecimal number system, you will need to convert it into binary number system. The answer is 1100. The street is California Street which is one block from Sacramento Street.
Answer: Январь; January
- Январь; January
- 904 743 Washington st
- Chinese Telephone Exchange building
- Previous name of the bank
Answer: United commercial bank
- United commercial bank
Historical backgroundSan Francisco Chinatown is the oldest in North America and largest outside of Asia. All original buildings were destroyed during the 1906 fire. When Chinese immigrants first made the voyage to "Gold Mountain", the Chinese name for California during the Gold Rush, one of their first missions was to thank the deity who guided them safely across the Pacific. The temple they built to honor the goddess Tin How (also known as Mazu) in 1852 is still in its original location, and is the oldest Taoist temple in America.
- 926 130 Sutter St
- The Hallidie Building. Turn into Montgomery St. Photograph from 1918
- What the people are standing in line for?
Answer: Маски; masks
- Маски; masks
- 930 Civic Center Plaza
- One of the southernmost photo spheres taken in June 2014. Banner on the pole about an exhibition dedicated to cosmic centers and mental maps of Himalayan Buddhism
- Name of the exhibition (three words)
Answer: Enter the Mandala
- Enter the Mandala
- 934 Union Square
- Tree that can sometimes be found in the square
- Decoration on top
Answer: звезда; star
- звезда; star
- 952 600 Montgomery St
- Transamerica Redwood park. Sculptures in the fountain
- Type of animal
Answer: Лягушка; Frog
- Лягушка; Frog
If you were standing here in the early 1800s, the water would have been lapping at your feet. The site where the pyramid sits is essentially the former waterfront line before the shallow Yerba Buena Cove was filled in to accommodate the popularity surge during the gold rush.
- 1002 Riddle
- See image. Find this place on pastvu. A photo by Moore & Moore Publishing
- Name of the source
Detailed answerYou need to find Painted Ladies.
Answer: The Spirit of America
- The Spirit of America
- 1006 Riddle
- — Hi! Look what I’ve brought!
— Oh, wow! Fortune cookies... Where did you get them?
— From the real creators...
— So, what’s the address?
— Well, you figured out the district already, it’s by the five-storey building by the mall. You’ll get it when you are there.
Go to the five-storey building. Photo sphere inside
- Number of lights above your head
Detailed answerFortune cookies were invented by the Japanese. You need to find Japantown. There is a five-storey pagoda next to a mall there. In the previous stage there was a historical reference note about fortune cookies.
Answer: 8; eight; восемь
- 8; eight; восемь
- 1013 Riddle
- Count the number of Running City games in the USA. You need the pier with this number. Observation deck at the end of the pier
- Name of the ship with the city name in it
Detailed answerRunning City has held 6 games in the USA, this one is the seventh one. You need to find Pier 7.
Answer: San Francisco Belle
- San Francisco Belle
- 999 425 Mission St, Salesforce Park
- Salesforce Park. Photo sphere in the park by the entrance to Salesforce tower. Plaque on the stone with the park name
- Copy the last line
Answer: All are welcome.
- All are welcome.
- 911 45 Berryessa Way, Hillsborough
- Photo with an alien
- Four-letter word with an exclamation point
- 913 Bison Paddock at Golden Gate Park
- Information plaque about the American Bison
- Word on the plaque between Bison and Buffalo
- 915 75 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr
- Japanese Tea Garden
Photo of a humpback bridge, from the side, May 2021
- Number of visible bridge steps in the foreground
Answer: 9; nine; девять; 7; seven; семь
- 9; nine; девять; 7; seven; семь
- 932 Rincon park
- Cupid's Span sculpture. Photo sphere right above the sculpture
- In which year was the photo sphere made?
Answer: 2017; 2019; 2020
- 2017; 2019; 2020
Historical backgroundOn October 17 1989, at 5:04 p.m, The Loma Prieta earthquake (magnitude 6.9) shook with such violent force it tore the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in two. As usual, the bridge was very busy at that time as everyone was getting home from work. The section of the upper deck of the eastern truss portion of the bridge collapsed onto the deck below. The bridge was restored in a month, but the decision was made to do a major seismic retrofitting of both western and eastern parts of the bridge. Eventually it became clear that it would be cheaper to replace the eastern part completely.
The span replacement took place between 2002 and 2013, and is the most expensive public works project in California history, with a final price tag of $6.5 billion, a 2,500% cost overrun from the original estimate of $250 million. Originally scheduled to open in 2007, several problems delayed the opening until September 2, 2013. Inside the structure, 20 massive 6-feet-tall fuses will shift with the bridge to ensure that not only will it not collapse, but it will be back up and running quickly to allow medical and emergency personnel to get resources to either side of the Bay quickly.
With a width of 258.33 ft (78.74 m), comprising 10 general-purpose lanes, it is the world's widest bridge according to Guinness World Records as of 2014.
- 936 857 Commercial St
- Bruce Lee graffiti on Street View
- The last year Banksy’s art can be seen
Answer: 2013; 2014
- 2013; 2014
- 1005 Riddle
- Our cat is constantly chasing this mouse — we fear it can destroy the whole house! Its namesakes are not far behind: one of them ran across the country, and the other one runs around and destroys everything. The first word in the name of the series of pieces of art by the “other one” will lead you to the name of the body of water. Photo sphere from the pier.
- Number of canoes (kayaks) moored to the pier
Detailed answerThe riddle speaks about Tom and Jerry, the namesakes are Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise. The series of pieces of art is “Mission Impossible” franchise, the body of water is Mission Creek.
Answer: 7; семь; seven;
- 7; семь; seven;
- 1008 Riddle
- You need the house where the golden cloud lingered. Find the historical photo when this house ceased to exist
- Number of people looking into the camera
Detailed answerThe riddle references “The Cliff” poem by Lermontov. The English translation also works fine in this case. The building you need is Cliff House. You will need to find a photo on pastvu where this house burns.
Answer: 3; три; three
- 3; три; three